Victims of accidents face marketing saturation from large law firms on billboards, television commercials, the radio and from internet advertising. To the everyday consumer, these sound like appropriate methods of finding the right personal injury lawyer for them. But that is not necessarily the case.
One of the first decisions a potential personal injury claimant will have to make is whether they want to work with a large, corporate personal injury firm, or a smaller, more personal firm. Although someone may initially be inclined to hire the oversized, overpriced law firm they saw advertising on the television, an intelligent shopper should also consider the advantages of working with a smaller firm.
The benefits of hiring a smaller law firm include the following:-
• Client relationships are closer and more personal. One on one relationships with lawyers and office staff are common. This ultimately means the details of the particular case are better understood and clients have the comfort of knowing that their file will not be flicked off to someone else in the firm.
• The lawyers in a smaller firm share knowledge with each other. This improves the prospects of a better result for the client, when clients receive not only the benefit of one lawyer’s experience, but the entire office.
• Clients have easier access to their lawyer because they are available by direct line telephone access and email, access often not provided by larger firms.
• Smaller law firms have flexibility and are able to provide a service that is tailored to each client’s needs.
• Smaller law firms offer an informal, more relaxed atmosphere.
• Lower free structures and costs. Lower overheads enable smaller law firms to charge less for the same work.
So there are lots of good reasons to consider hiring a smaller law firm for your personal injury claim. If you or someone you know has been injured through no fault of their own, contact our office today on 1300 302 318 for a free no obligation personalised consultation.