If you’ve been injured at work in Queensland, follow these steps to lodge your claim for workers compensation: –
- See a doctor and get a work capacity certificate
- Tell your employer about the injury and provide them with a copy of your work capacity certificate
- Lodge a claim form with WorkCover Queensland, including your work capacity certificate.
You can lodge your claim for workers compensation by: –
- Calling WorkCover Queensland on 1300 362 128 and lodging the claim over the phone
- Completing and submitting an online claim form
- Completing a claim form and either
- Uploading the claim form using WorkCover’s online service
- Faxing the claim form to 1300 651 387
- Lodging the claim form through your GP, who can do this for you at your consultation.
You can lodge a claim for workers compensation for: –
- Physical injuries, such as fractures, lacerations or back injuries
- Psychiatric or psychological disorders, such as depression or PTSD
- An aggravation of a pre-existing condition
Should you require help to lodge your claim for workers compensation contact us for free no obligation advice on 1300 302 318. Failure to complete the claim form accurately could have serious ramifications to your rights to compensation down the track.