Skip to main content

Superannuation & TPD Insurance Lawyers Gold Coast

If you’ve had an injury or you suffer from an illness that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to early release of your superannuation or to an insurance payout attached to your superannuation known as Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD). You may also be entitled to income protection payments.

TPD Insurance

Most workers are covered for TPD insurance through the superannuation contributions paid by their employer. Sometimes TPD cover can also be attached to a life insurance policy arranged for you by your insurance broker or financial adviser.

Income Protection

Like TPD insurance, many workers have income protection insurance attached to their superannuation, to cover them for loss of income in circumstances where they are temporarily unable to work because of an injury or illness.

Claiming for TPD or Income Protection

You are usually entitled to a TPD payout if you can demonstrate that you’re unable to work in your normal job or in any other employment for which you are trained or experienced. You don’t have to be unfit for all forms of work, only that you can’t find work that suits your skills and experience.

If your ability to work is temporary, for example while you’re recovering from an injury, then you may be eligible for income protection payments.

Get in touch with our superannuation lawyer today.

No Win No Fee

GC Law also employs a No Win No Fee policy, where we won’t charge you for our fees if your compensation claim is unsuccessful. There’s no catch! It’s as simple as that.

Talk to a real lawyer today.
No Win No Fee.

Frequently Asked Questions
Superannuation & Insurance

When can I start a claim for TPD or income protection?

You can lodge a claim as soon as you stop work. Some insurance policies have a waiting period. These periods can differ depending on the policy.

Can I lodge more than one TPD claim?

Yes, you can have multiple TPD claims at the same time. This is often the case when you are a member of more than one superannuation fund.

Do I have to see doctors for the insurance company?

Sometimes yes. Your own doctor will also be required to complete a form confirming you are TPD or temporarily unable to work.

Can I go back to work?

If you return to work it will normally mean your TPD claim will come to an end and income protection payments will cease.

Are TPD claims no win-no fee?

Yes, we act for clients making TPD claims on a no win-no fee basis.

Get in touch